How To Reset An App
Resetting an app can help resolve various issues such as app crashes, frozen screens, or other errors that prevent the app from functioning correctly. This tutorial will show you how to force-quit an application on iOS, Android, and Windows 10.
1. What is App Resetting?
2. How to Reset an App on Windows
3. How to Reset an App on macOS
4. How to Reset an App on iOS
5. How to Reset an App on Android
What is App Resetting?
When an app is reset, all of its settings and preferences are deleted and the program is returned to its original state. Doing so gives the app a clean slate on which to potentially fix whatever problems have been holding it back. It’s important to remember that restarting an app might result in the loss of data that hasn’t been saved or backed up.
How to Reset an App on Windows
- Open the “Settings” app from the Start menu or by pressing “Windows key + I.”
- Second, choose “Apps.”
- Select the program you want to reset, then go to “Advanced options.”
- Select the “Reset” option.
- When asked, click “Reset” again to confirm.
How to Reset an App on macOS
- Open “Finder” and navigate to the “Applications” folder.
- To uninstall an app, just right-click it and choose “Move to Trash.”
- Remove everything from the trash.
- Redownload the app from the App Store.
How to Reset an App on iOS
- Locate the app you want to reset on your home screen.
- Press and hold the app icon until the app icons start shaking.
- You may uninstall an app by tapping the “X” that appears when you tap the icon.
- To reinstall an app, open the App Store.
How to Reset an App on Android
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Select “Apps & notifications.”
- Find the program you want to uninstall and press it.
- Followed by selecting “Storage & cache.”
- Select “Clear storage” or “Clear data,” if presented, to delete all data from the device.
- Tap the “OK” button to confirm.
App crashes and freezes are only two of the many problems that may be fixed by resetting the app. The preceding instructions give a quick and easy way to reset a program on any platform, including Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. If you have tried restarting the app and are still having problems, the developer may be able to help.